This document applies to all cookies and other storage devices used by SCR.
SCR has chosen to inform users about the cookies use don its Website by means of a two layer system. This system consists in displaying basic information in the first layer, when users access the Website, and in providing further details in a second layer via a link to another page with additional information about these devices.
3.1. First layer
We use our own cookies and third-party cookies to ensure the correct functioning of our Website, improve security, and ensure greater efficiency and customisation of the services provided to users.
The consent must be specific and express, and it must include an option for users to accept, reject, or customise the cookies.
3.2. Second layer
Definition and types of cookies used by SCR.
Cookies are files downloaded onto your system when you access certain websites. They are used to store and retrieve information about your browsing patterns on the system.
II. TYPES OF COOKIES
This section contains a classification of the cookies according to a series of categories, regardless of whether or not a cookie is included in more than one category:
Based on the entity that manages them:
- Our own cookies: cookies that are sent to the user terminal from a system or domain managed by SCR.
- Third-party cookies: cookies that are sent to the user terminal from a system or domain that is not managed by SCR.
Based on their period of activity:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user browses the website. They expire as soon as the user closes the browser.
- Persistent cookies: cookies where data remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period define by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to many years.
Based on their purpose:
- Technical cookies: These cookies allow users to browse the website and to use the different options or services available, such as identifying the web browser used by the user, controlling the traffic and communication of data (through the Contact section), using security elements while browsing, or storing contents.
- Analysis cookies: They make it possible to measure and analyse statistics about the use of the website with a view to improving the services provided.
- • Customisation cookies: These cookies allow users to access the website with some general, predefined features based on a series of criteria defined by the users, such as the language.
- Marketing cookies: Cookies that allow the efficient management of marketing spaces that, where applicable, the editor has included in the website, application, or platform from which the service requested is provided, based on criteria such as the contents edited or how often the advertisements are displayed.
- Behavioural marketing: They make management as efficient as possible for the web editor. These cookies store information about the behaviour of users, obtained through the continuous monitoring of their browsing patterns, which makes it possible to develop a specific profile based on which different ads are shown.
III. COOKIES USED BY SCR
Our own cookies:
- Cookie disclaimer: User acceptance of the cookies.
- Google cookies: Google uses different types of cookies for the products related to advertising and Google websites to function.
The Google cookies used in the context of SCR’s website are as follows:
These cookies are enabled in the domain of the user, and are used to collect information anonymously with a view to generating reports about trends on the Website without identifying specific users. This makes it possible to determine the total number of users that visit the website, and the information obtained helps improve the browsing experience and the overall service provided to users. There are different types:
- _ga: Used to distinguish users.
- _gid: Used to distinguish users.
- _gat: Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_
- AMP_TOKEN: Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.
:Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts, Google Ads website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out.
Here we include the link to the Google website with further details about the types of cookies use don Google Analytics and their expiration:
These cookies make it possible for the sites to remember information about the aspect of behaviour of the website, such as the language or region. These cookies also make it possible to change the font size, the font, and other customisable features of the pages.
The loss of customisation data stored in a cookie may make the website experience less functional, but it should not affect its functioning.
- NID: Used by Google to store preferences.
Google also uses one or more cookies for the ads displayed on the entire Website. One of the main marketing cookies on websites not belonging to Google is called ‘IDE’, and it is stored on browsers in the domain doubleclick.net. Other cookies called DSID are also used for different Google features (for instance, in the context of SCR, YouTube) to display relevant ads.
- DSID: Used to improve advertising.
- IDE: Used to improve advertising.
To learn more about the types of cookies used by Google, please see the following website:
In the case of YouTube, owned by Google, the following cookies are used:
- GPS: Used for monitoring purposes via GPS.
- PREF: Used to ensure a safe browsing.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE: Monitoring the views of videos embedded online.
- YSC: Used to measure views, "Likes", and "Shares".
IV. HOW TO DISABLE OR DELETE COOKIES
It is possible to allow, block, or erase cookies installed on your terminal checking the configuration options on your browser. See the ‘Help’ section of your browser to learn how to change the configuration of the cookies.
If you specifically do not want our Website cookies to be installed, click on ‘Decline’.
However, we inform you that the rejection of all cookies, or, specifically, SCR cookies, will not prevent you from browsing our website, but may limit some of the services and, therefore, your experience may be less satisfactory.
VI. QUESTIONS OR CLARIFICATIONS
4. Cookie assessment and inventory
The identification of cookies used or installed by SCR will be collected in a register. It will include detailed information about the cookies, specifying their typology and function. The goal is to make it possible to assess whether or not it falls within the scope of application of article 22.2 of the LSSI.
A relevant aspect to take into consideration for the assessment of cookies is if their installation requires the collection of personal data. If this were the case, the development teams will have to inform data subjects prior to the installation of the existence of cookies with this purpose, so as to verify compliance with the legislation of personal data protection.